Thursday 9 September 2010

An opportunity missed but a lesson learnt

A couple of days ago I was talking to God about the fact that I wanted more out of Treasure Hunting and I wanted to be living a supernatural life naturally, and for it to impact every part of my life - probably a dangerous prayer to pray in hindsight. I am often inspired by stories I hear of people who go out for coffee and see some one who needs prayer, they approach them and all heaven breaks loose and a mini revival starts to happen, I want to do that!  I want to be less British and more courageous and offer prayer to everyone who needs it.  So, I was going to meet a friend for coffee in town and as I got to the place where I was meeting her, there was a bit of a commotion going on outside. There was an elderly lady laying face down on the ground, with a few people around her, looking after her.  I couldn't tell what had happened and to be honest, when I first saw the scene it was so relaxed that I thought it was some sort of Police re-enactment or something random like that! But it wasn't and the lady had, previous to me getting there, fallen for some reason and now was unable to get up.  As soon as I saw this scene in front of me, the hundreds of stories I have read and listened to flew through my mind.  But I just didn't know how to approach the situation or what to say, and once the Ambulance men arrived it all seemed far to official for little old me to get involved in.  But before they arrived I sat on a nearby seat and just prayed for the lady and then thought through how I could have got involved and what could I have said.  I think, that even though I didn't get involved and pray this time the situation gave me a lot of insight into what to do in that sort of situation.  I think it was like a preview from God of things to come and my Father giving me a chance to realistically think about how does this sort of thing work in reality.  At no time did I feel bad that I hadn't prayed and I think I learnt a lot from it.  It is quite ironic really, as my usual tendency when an accident happens on the street is to run away, God is at work in me - watch this space! 

No comments:

Post a Comment